Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual Disability and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
TITLE: Max PT Gallery Assistant
DEFINITION: The Gallery Assistant shall work closely with Gallery Manager to ensure the daily Gallery operations. This person is responsible for assisting with administrative and creative tasks related to the Gallery. The Gallery Assistant gives the Gallery Manager an opportunity to manage outside exhibits and events by being available to have the Gallery open. The Gallery Assistant would work most Saturdays.
- Assist with daily Gallery operations, including opening and closing routine.
- Ensure the Gallery is clean and tidy each morning.
- Send, track and ensure completion of Maintenance requests for the Gallery.
- Research partnerships within the community on the direction of the Gallery Manager.
- Encourage/facilitate social interaction with community members.
- Complete Gallery related transactions and weekly reconciliation.
- Keep accurate inventory of Gallery products (i.e. PBK items and greeting cards).
- Welcome and interact with visitors in the Gallery.
- Promote the Gallery to visitors and explain our mission and current exhibit(s).
- Provide customer service and resolve inquiries over the telephone.
- Assist in managing and shipping online orders.
- Process, name and photograph new artwork.
- Assist with jury process and selecting artwork for upcoming exhibit(s); as needed.
- Perform Gallery related errands and outside exhibit setup/teardown.
- Assist with matting and framing.
- Other duties as requested by the manager.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Gallery Assistant is supervised by the Gallery Manager.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a part-time hourly (20-24 hours per week), professional position with the ability to flex hours. The general schedule for this role will be:
Wednesday 10:00AM – 3:00PM
Thursday 10:00AM – 4:30PM
Friday 8:00AM – 4:30PM; First Friday 12:00PM - 8:30PM
Saturday 9:00AM – 2:00PM
Compensation Range: $15.00/hour
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.