Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual Disability and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will be assigned to work as part of a team in one of our 24 homes with the responsibility of supporting up to 4 Individuals. This is not your typical CNA role where you are working a floor of dozens of residents. Our current CNAs all share the same insight: this is a much calmer and more relaxed setting than what they had previously worked in at other organizations.
Your responsibilities as a Friendship Community CNA will include:
- Participating in program planning on behalf of Individuals
- Communicating pertinent information about the Individuals to Team Members
- Implementing individualized goal plans for each Individual
- Keeping an accurate record of activities and progress for each Individual; including, Active Treatment Plans, Individual Support Plans, SEEN Plans, Behavior Support Plans, Community Participation Supports, and any other necessary documentation
- Assisting Individuals in daily routines; including, but not limited to, toileting, feeding, tube feeding, exercise, and repositioning
- Training Team Members on the care of Individuals
- Assisting Individuals in mobility with the use of proper adaptive equipment; including, stand-aids, lifts, and any other adaptive equipment
- Reporting symptoms, concerns, or other medical observations to the Residential Manager or other designated agency personnel (DAP)
- Maintaining medication administration certification; administering medications as designated and per Office of Developmental Program (ODP) guidelines
As a Full-Time CNA, you will be eligible for the following benefits at 60 days:
- Cigna Medical Insurance – Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 – individual, $30 – family. Deductibles: $200- Individual, $400-Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses.
- Ancillary benefits (ex. dental, vision, etc.) provided through Lincoln Financial. Friendship Community provides a defined annual contribution that Full-Time Team Members can use towards ancillary benefits each year. The 2023 defined contribution is $150, which totals $5.77 per pay.
- Paid Time Off – Accrues per pay period, no waiting period.
- Sick Time – Accrues per pay period, no waiting period. For each quarter that sick time is not used, the Team Member accrues an additional 4 hours of PTO.
- Retirement – Team member is able to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan
- Holiday Pay (FT status) – 7 paid holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Wellspan Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSPs
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
- $17.00 – $19.00/hour
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at email@example.com or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.