We are seeking Direct Support Professionals to work FT Weekends – Fast 40 DSPs just work Friday 2pm-10pm, Saturday 6am-10pm, Sunday 6am-10pm.
On-site training is available, no experience necessary!
As a Direct Support Professional, you will be assigned to work as part of a team in one of our 24 homes with the responsibility of supporting up to 4 Individuals. We are currently hiring DSPs for all shifts, FT, PT, On-Call.
Your responsibilities as a Friendship Community DSP will include:
- Assisting Individuals in daily routines through dressing, bathing, eating/feeding, toileting, exercises, etc., as needed.
- Assisting Individuals with their mobility by the use of walking aids, lifting, splints, positioning, and transferring them through safe and approved techniques up to 50 lbs. Be familiar with the use of mechanical lifts if available in the home.
- Assisting the Individuals in food preparation and in kitchen duties, teaching appropriate skills.
- Assisting the Individuals in-room care and general housecleaning, teaching appropriate skills.
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge and adherence to the Individual’s care plan.
- Reporting symptoms, concerns, or medical observations to the Residential Manager, nurse on duty, or designated agency personnel.
- After becoming med trained, administering medications to the Individuals as prescribed.
- Transporting Individuals to and from activities using Friendship Community vehicles.
- Assisting with the general upkeep of the home.
- Attending Team Meetings, In-services and other required trainings. Also read the minutes of those meetings.
- Other duties as assigned, depending on the home.
As a Full-Time DSP, you will be eligible for the following benefits at 60 days:
- Cigna Medical Insurance – Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 – individual, $30 – family. Deductibles: $200- Individual, $400- Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses.
- Lincoln Financial Dental & Vision Insurance – $5.77 per pay
- Paid Time Off – Accrues per pay period, can be used after 90 days of full-time status
- Sick Time – Accrues per pay period, can be used after 90 days of full-time status. For each quarter sick time is not used, the Team Member accrues an additional 4 hours of PTO.
- Retirement – Team member is able to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan
- Holiday Pay - 7 paid holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Verizon Wireless 18% Discount
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSP’s
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
- $15.00/hr + $2.00/hour differential for Sat & Sun
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at email@example.com or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.