Regulatory Compliance Advisor (RCA)
Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual disabilities and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
Friendship Community is seeking a Regulatory Compliance Advisor (RCA) to work in our corporate office in Lititz, PA.
Applicants must meet one of the following minimum requirements to qualify as a Regulatory Compliance Advisor:
1. A Master’s degree or above from an accredited college or university and 1 year of work experience directly with persons with disabilities.
2. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience directly with persons with disabilities.
3. An Associate degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and 4 years of work experience working directly with persons with disabilities. Proficiency in technical writing skills is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is strongly preferred.
DEFINITION: This position supports the organization’s work in developing new services, compliance and oversight of Operational Services.
BASIC FUNCTION: Assumes leadership of assigned program areas within Operational Services, regulatory/incident/quality management.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to the Director of Operations and ultimately the CEO.
AUTHORITY: Supports and leads an Operations Generalist and assigned areas of oversight. Develops new services and maintains ongoing services and supports in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan, consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and values. The RCA has access rights to Care Tracker, DCI and HCSIS/EIM, which may include Administrator access rights.
a) Demonstrates a respectful positive attitude that promotes service excellence on behalf of Individuals, Team Members, families, and / or the public.
b) Upholds professional standards of excellence on behalf of the organization, including investment in building and maintaining positive, professional relationships with all affiliations of Friendship Community.
c) Adheres to professional standards of confidentiality.
d) Collaborates among the Leadership Team and with various departments to promote cohesiveness and productivity in support of the organization’s mission, vision, and values to ensure quality service delivery.
e) Demonstrates ability to remain open and adaptable to vacillating needs of the organization, specifically related to Operations.
f) Direct supervision of Operation Generalist, including regular 1:1 meetings and active collaboration to ensure timely updates and actions on behalf of all programs and services, including matters related to operational compliance.
g) Recognizes and reports trends or concerns that may require additional oversight or corrective action.
h) Researches and assists with the development and implementation of new services and supports in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan.
i) Serves on various committees and Teams to ensure organizational compliance in adherence with all applicable regulatory measures, including corrective actions, as applicable within ODP licensing regulations, Dom Care, Provider Qualifications, Incident Management, Quality Management Plan and QA&I. The responsibility of Committee Chairperson may be designated, as deemed appropriate per areas of oversight assignments.
j) Assumes role of Certified Investigator and provides direction and oversight to the team of Certified Investigators, ensuring adequate coverage for all investigative needs, including those under contract with partnering organization(s).
k) Supports the consistent implementation of policies, procedures, and systems throughout the organization.
l) Participate in other committees, both internally and externally, as appropriate to Operations. m) Promotes self-care and adherence to professional boundaries.
n) Representation at various Friendship Community sponsored events.
o) All other duties as assigned based on organizational need and deemed appropriate by members of the Leadership Team.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly position based in the organization’s corporate office. Although the hours are generally between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday- Friday, there are occasions where needs must be addressed outside of these typical business hours.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: The RCA position must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and 2-3 years of related experience.
PERSONAL FACTORS: The RCA must be a mature individual with the ability to multitask and manage a flexible schedule. They must embrace and actively promote the mission and vision of Friendship Community. The RCA must have a vision for the organization’s strategic plan and work with others to move the organization toward excellence.
a) Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
b) Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
c) Must be able to develop and lead teams to accomplish organizational objectives.
d) Must be able to work cooperatively at various levels of the organization to implement systems which support excellence in service provision.
e) Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a Full-Time Regulatory Compliance Advisor, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Cigna Medical Insurance: Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 - individual, $30 - family. Deductibles: $200- Individual, $400-Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses. Eligible after 60 days waiting period.
- Ancillary benefits (ex. dental, vision, etc.): Provided through Lincoln Financial. Friendship Community provides a defined annual contribution that Full-Time Team Members can use towards ancillary benefits each year. The 2023 defined contribution is $150, which totals $5.77 per pay. Eligible after 60 day waiting period.
- Paid Time Off: Accrues per pay period, can be used immediately.
- Sick Time: Accrues per pay period, can be used immediately.
- Retirement: Team member is able to contribute to 403(b) retirement plan after 30 days.
- Holiday Pay (FT status): 7 paid holidays - New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Wellspan Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSPs
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
In order to be considered for a position here at Friendship Community, please apply using the following link: https://forms.gle/MA52ez9ZrA9EJaop7.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veteran’s status.
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at email@example.com or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.