Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual Disability and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
As a Residential Coordinator, this is a professional position involves the coordination of services to Individuals, for internal and external appointments, as well as the oversight of group home teams via supervision of Residential Managers. Further, the Residential Coordinator ensures compliance with applicable government regulations and develops high quality programs for Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Your responsibilities as a Friendship Community Residential Coordinator will include:
A. Demonstrate a respectful positive attitude that promotes service excellence to Individuals, fellow Team Members, families and / or the general public.
B. Assist the Residential Managers in the coordination of programming for each Individual, such as: development of goal plans, involvement in the ISP process and meetings, coordinate Behavior Management Plans and reviews, facilitate Admissions and Discharges for Individuals.
C. Oversee compliance with applicable government regulations: meet with BHDS, DOH, DPW/O of A and Life Safety inspectors, etc, knowledgeable of applicable regulations.
D. Oversee assigned Residential Managers while collaborating regarding management of the DSP Team with involved Support Services:
1. Function as a Professional Mentor and role model.
2. Assist with the creation of Program Core schedules.
3. Ensure documentation of Team Members’ work performance accomplishments and concerns.
4. Assist Residential Manager with new Team Member orientation.
5. Review Residential Manager’s DCI entries regarding use of PTO, sick time and track absenteeism, tardiness, etc.
6. Follow through with Team Member Performance concerns and re-train as necessary, to retain TMs, in collaboration with the HR Department.
7. Provide Team Member trainings on pertinent topics, as needed.
8. Assist, as appropriate, with DSP Team Member interviews in collaboration with Residential Managers.
9. Review and provide oversight regarding the budgets of assigned Programs.
10. Work direct care shifts due to Team Member shortages.
11. Conduct monthly monitoring of assigned Programs.
12. Review and edit written documents completed by Residential Manager.
E. Participate on various committees or Team Meetings:
1. Program Team (Regular attendance expected).
2. Behavior Management*
3. Utilization Review Committee*
4. Individual Rights Committee*
5. Residential Managers (Regular attendance expected) *
6. On-site Team Meetings (Regular attendance expected) *Denotes possible Chair of Committee .
F. Function as a Certified Investigator.
G. Function in the rotation as an On-call person to Residential Services.
H. Provide Incident Management oversight, including the facilitation of administrative reviews, record keeping of incident meetings, and finalize incidents in HCSIS in a timely manner.
J. Other duties as assigned by Administration.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time hourly paid professional position eligible for over time. It is expected that the Residential Coordinator will work 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday with the flexibility to work non-scheduled hours to handle emergencies, appointments and other duties related to staffing needs.
Education/Experience Requirements: A Residential Coordinator must meet requirements as defined in the Federal Regulations for the Waiver Programs. Residential Services experience and a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
As a Full-Time Residential Coordinator, you will be eligible for the following benefits at 60 days:
- Cigna Medical Insurance: Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 – individual, $30 – family.Deductibles: $200 - Individual, $400 - Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses. Eligible after 60 day waiting period.
- Ancillary benefits (ex. dental, vision, etc.) provided through Lincoln Financial. Friendship Community provides a defined annual contribution that Full-Time Team Members can use towards ancillary benefits each year. The 2023 defined contribution is $150, which totals $5.77 per pay. Eligible after 60 day waiting period.
- Paid Time Off: Accrues per pay period, can be used immediately.
- Sick Time: Accrues per pay period, can be used immediately.
- Retirement: Team member is able to contribute to 403(b) retirement plan after 30 days.
- Holiday Pay (FT status): 7 paid holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Wellspan Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSPs
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
In order to be considered for a position here at Friendship Community, please apply using the following link: https://forms.gle/MA52ez9ZrA9EJaop7.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans' status.
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.