Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual Disability and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
DEFINITION AND BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible in assisting the Residential Manager with the health and well-being of all Individuals within a home or homes. In conjunction with the Residential Manager and the Residential Coordinator, the program assistant is responsible to assure that all daily operations of the home meet both Friendship Community policies and state regulations.
RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrates a respectful positive attitude that promotes service excellence to Individuals, fellow Team Members, families and/or the general public.
- Provide suggestions to the Residential Manager to improve systems and supports in the home.
- Assist the Residential Manager in assuring Individuals experience a variety of social, recreational and religious experiences.
- Assist the Residential Manager with the implementation of Direct Support Professionals schedules; working open shifts; as appropriate.
- Monitor Programs receipts, sign and return to the main office.
- Conduct fire safety drills and complete necessary documentation.
- Read daily case notes.
- Positive communication with day services and family members.
- Provide leadership and training for DSP’s.
- Assist RM/MSP with medical appointments, follow up documentation as needed.
- Processing mail for the home
- Update Team phone list
- Maintenance requests, when needed.
- Update communication book
- Monitor Team Member training hours.
- Completing physical site/lift equipment checklist
- Completing occupancy data spreadsheet
- Report all incidents and unusual incidents promptly according to On-Call procedures.
- Handle emergencies which may occur in the home and with the Individuals while on shift.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is full-time, hourly, with the majority of hours designated for administrative and programming workload. The Manager Assistant is expected to work 10-12 hours of Direct Care shifts per week. Other hours can be scheduled to handle emergencies, appointments and open shifts; as appropriate.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have 1-year experience working with IDD population in a residential setting and previous leadership experience is preferred. Strong communication and computer skills is required. Must have the ability to be responsible, trustworthy, cheerful, industrious, and able to work together as a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Wellspan Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSPs
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
Please contact Michelle Scerbo at email@example.com or call (717) 656-2466 Ext. 1138 for more information.
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.