Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual disabilities and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
The Medical Support Professional (MSP) assists the assigned Residential Manager(s) with coordination of medical support on behalf of the Individuals within the program(s) assigned, as well as aid in maintaining all compliance measures related to medication administration and medical documentation. The MSP serves as a Practicum Observer or Medication Administration Trainer within the program(s) assigned.
MSPs are full-time, hourly Team Members (40 hours per week, unless otherwise specified), and are expected to work direct support hours and med passes as required by the Residential Coordinator. In the spirit of teamwork, MSPs may be expected to work some holidays and weekends, as needed. MSPs follow the same holiday schedule as Direct Support Professionals.
Medical Support Professionals must maintain certifications in CPR/First Aid/AED, Medication Administration, and Practicum Observer (or Medication Administration Train the Trainer); MSPs must attend all other required trainings. MSPs must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively about all matters related to Individuals and Team Members to the Residential Manager(s), Residential Coordinator, and other members of the Team. Experience in working with Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities is preferred. Computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
As a Full-Time MSP, you will be eligible for the following benefits at 60 days:
- Cigna Medical Insurance – Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 – individual, $30 – family. Deductibles: $200- Individual, $400- Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses.
- Lincoln Financial Dental & Vision Insurance – $5.77 per pay
- Paid Time Off – Accrues per pay period, can be used after 90 days of full-time status
- Sick Time – Accrues per pay period, can be used after 90 days of full-time status. For each quarter sick time is not used, the Team Member accrues an additional 4 hours of PTO.
- Retirement – Team member is able to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan
- Holiday Pay - 7 paid holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Verizon Wireless 18% Discount
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSP’s
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com