Looking for a meaningful, purpose-driven career? Friendship Community is a nonprofit cultivating the capabilities of Individuals with Intellectual Disability and Autism. Our faith-based disability services, including residential services, day programs, and life enrichment opportunities, help impact the World with Capabilities. Our Team Members provide exceptional care consistent with our values of Relationships, Integrity, Spirituality, and Excellence.
Your responsibilities as a Friendship Community Recruiter will include:
- Demonstrate a respectful, positive, and professional attitude towards Individuals, fellow Team Members, families, and the general public.
- Spend an appropriate balance of time in the community (job fairs, churches, colleges, schools, etc.) networking to generate applications for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), Program Managers, etc.
- Represent the Human Resources Department within and outside of FC.
- Develop and implement creative methods for recruiting Team Members.
- Maintain the files of applicants who have applied within the past year.
- Assist the HR Generalist with the onboarding process as requested.
- Advertise open positions in a variety of media, including local circulars.
- Facilitate Orientation and Training opportunities as requested, such as interview techniques, onboarding, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and manage the physical set-up at job fairs.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as requested.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position, Monday through Friday, with attendance at evening and weekend events as opportunities arise.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1 year of full-time paid recruiting or sales experience is preferred. Computer experience with Microsoft products is expected. Additional work experience in human services and/or business is also preferred.
As a Full-Time Recruiter, you will be eligible for the following benefits at 60 days:
- Cigna Medical Insurance – Bi-weekly medical premiums: $20 – individual, $30 – family. Deductibles: $200- Individual, $400-Family (in-network, Cigna participating providers). For both individual and family plans, after the deductible is met, the plan will pay 80% and you will pay 20% co-insurance for up to $2,000 of eligible expenses, then the plan will pay 100% of eligible expenses.
- Ancillary benefits (ex. dental, vision, etc.) provided through Lincoln Financial. Friendship Community provides a defined annual contribution that Full-Time Team Members can use towards ancillary benefits each year. The 2023 defined contribution is $150, which totals $5.77 per pay.
- Paid Time Off – Accrues per pay period, no waiting period.
- Sick Time – Accrues per pay period, no waiting period. For each quarter that sick time is not used, the Team Member accrues an additional 4 hours of PTO.
- Retirement – Team member is able to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan
- Holiday Pay (FT status) – 7 paid holidays—New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday (or Good Friday for Team Members who do not normally work weekends), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Benefits Offered to all Team Members
- Wellness program
- Everence Federal Credit Union
- Everence Small Loan
- Wellspan Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Modern Eyes Membership
- Discount at our Heart Gallery
- Meals/Activities while on shift for DSPs
- Olivia Cunningham Education Fund
- Free myStrength app access
Contact our Human Resources Team for more information about employment.
Friendship Community – Bloomfield Village Office (Human Resources)
235 Bloomfield Dr #111, Lititz, PA 17543
Phone: (717) 656-2466
Fax: (717) 945-6218
Friendship Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship or veterans status.